Saturday, February 21, 2009

A really good day...

Today I attended the 1st annual GMHS alumni baseball game. I didn't play (wish I had) but, being out on the field and in the dugout with all the guys was a tremendous rush. What is it about testosterone that causes us to get all giddy about the silliest things?

The amazing thing is, the alumni team was made up of 20+ graduates from the classes of 1976-2007. That's quite a range for a very small school. What may be even more amazing is that a group of old (and older) man-boys defeated the the varsity team 17-9.

I've decided already that next year, I will play or maybe coach the alumni team. It was great being out there. The grass, the red clay infield, the sunflower seed shells on the dugout floor, all of it made for a great Saturday.

Thanks to Coach Dees and all the staff and volunteers at GMHS for making this such a great event. I can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment